Search Other Sites

Sunday, February 28, 2010

Rice Krispie Treats



So, I don't know about anybody else, but I'm pretty picky about Rice Krispie Treats. Most of the time, they aren't "gooey" enough. I don't like them so gooey it strings apart after they've been cut, but I like them thick and not "Krispie" and hard and tough to eat. I have attempted these several times with a different change in amount of ingredients and feel like I've got a perfect combination for a perfect treat! :) So here it goes!

2 - 10.5 oz pkg miniature marshmallows
1 1/2 sticks butter
1 - 12 oz box Rice Krispies

Melt butter in pan, then add marshmallows and stir until ALMOST no more lumps. A few is what you want (this I found will change the "overcooked burnt" crunchy texture of the marshmallow). Pour in a the entire box of Rice Krispies and stir WELL until all are coated. Put immediately into a 9x13 pan (may look like it won't fit, but it will, I promise) and pat down with a sandwich baggie to make them smooth, etc. Let sit for about 30 minutes in the pan, then you'll be able to cut them and eat them.

No comments: