Search Other Sites

Thursday, April 14, 2011

Apple Salad

Growing up, my family would travel about one weekend a month to my grandparents' farm near Ankeny, Iowa!  OH THE MEMORIES!  Our children are now buried about a mile from there, so it holds even more meaning!  Anyway, my granny made this apple salad many a time growing up, my mom also made this many a time growing up, but I can remember this being one of my grandpa's favorite salads!  Mine too!  The combination is going to seem "off" but I assure you it's a great salad with great flavors.  I do, however, caution you to make it shortly before you will serve, refrigerate until you do, and discard the leftovers.  It's a salad that needs to be eaten right away!



4 apples (I prefer Honeycrisp, but do NOT use Granny Smith)
2 bananas
1 1/2 c mini marshmallows
1 c Miracle Whip
4 T sugar (give or take)

Cube all the apples into a mixing bowl.  Slice all the bananas into that same bowl.  Put marshmallows on top.  In a small bowl, mix together the miracle whip and sugar until blended.  You want to make sure the "tang" in Miracle Whip is almost gone, a little is alright.  Once this is stirred, pour over the top of your cut fruit and marshmallows and stir until everything is well combined.  CHILL! 

No comments: