Search Other Sites

Monday, December 20, 2010

Potato Cream Cheese Soup



So, one of the hardest things about moving Southwest for me, outside leaving my sweet babies behind, is the Panera Potato Cream Cheese soup!  Anybody with me on LOVING their soup!?  NO MORE do I have to miss this soup.  I have FINALLY mastered this soup at home and I even get an entire HUGE batch for the price of my ONE bowl purchased at Panera!  Now, the next thing to work on mastering are their sourdough bread bowls! :)  I'll let you know when I get there! :)

Until then, here is the soup recipe.  ENJOY! :)

3 - 14.5 cans chicken broth
2 - 8 oz pkg cream cheese, cubed
1 package (30 ounces) frozen shredded hash brown potatoes, thawed
1-1/2 c. fully cooked ham, cubed or ground
1/2 c onion, finely chopped
1 t garlic powder or salt
3/4 t dill weed

In your large kettle, bring your chicken broth to a boil. Add cream cheese; cook and stir until cheese is melted. Stir in the remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 18-20 minutes or until potatoes are tender.

TIP:  Best served in a sour dough bread bowl!!!

No comments: