Search Other Sites

Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Chicken Delight

Truly again, one of my favorite recipes!  Just can't get enough of it!  I had this for the first time 5 years ago after Jobe went home to live with Jesus.  Our church was gracious enough to bring meals for us for almost 2 weeks and this was one I will never forget!





6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
6 slices Swiss cheese
1 can Cream of Chicken soup
1/4 c milk
1 box dry Stuffing
1 stick butter

In a 9x13 pan, lay the chicken breasts flat and not overlapping each other.  Put one slice of swiss cheese on each breast.  In a small bowl, mix together the soup and milk until it's totally mixed.  Pour over the top and cover every square inch of the pan.  Melt butter in the microwave, then pour the dry stuffing mix into the butter and coat each piece of Stuffing with the butter.  Or at least try! :)  Pour that over the top and spread evenly.  Bake in the oven at 350 for one hour!

2 comments:

Scott & Julie said...

Jo! My mom used to make this for us when we were kids, only she also added water chestnuts which helps to give it a good crunch. I agree with you....a wonderful recipe!

Manda (+2) said...

mmmm, made this tonight! Thanks!
Joanna, I appreciate that you keep your meals simple and the ingredients list small. I couldn't do it otherwise. You make cooking possible for me. THanks!